Category: Farm Position
The New Zealand Farmers Weekly
Farm Worker / Stockperson
DAIRY RUN OFF – NORTHERN SOUTHLAND
Situated on the outskirts of Mossburn township, carrying approximately 2000 R1s and R2s, plus bulls and beef cattle varying in numbers depending on the season, a diverse and progressive 2000 acre drystock operation.
Five minutes from Mossburn, Northern Southland.
Schools and shops to cater for most needs, within an hour of Invercargill, Gore, Te Anau and Queenstown.
Systems include: Youngstock and beef finishing on specialised crops – Advanced winter feeding system – silage production.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
• A passion for agriculture and a desire to work with dairy youngstock in large numbers
• Basic farming practices (including machinery, pasture and stock). Training and development will be given
• Positive attitude and excellent work ethic, with the ability to work efficiently on your own and effectively as part of a small team. Excellent communication skills and initiative
• Some shepherding experience with 1-2 competent working dogs, or willingness to work dogs
• Respect and understand Health and Safety protocols
• Current NZ drivers licence
• Excellent references
A remuneration package tailored to suit the successful applicants skill-set and experience.
A warm, sunny three-bedroom home and large 4-bay garage available on the property.
Phone: Laurie Ngakai, 027 525 5644.
Applications with CV’s emailed to: email@example.com
Close date: Monday 21st August, 2017
Closing date: Monday 21st August 2017
Date Posted: 2017-08-04