The New Zealand Farmers Weekly
Share in Capital Gain of Growth Dairy Business:
Earn a Salary and Invest up to 25% Share
Established, successful equity partnership seeks equity manager to implement
our continuing growth strategy.
Join the three existing equity partners and take advantage of a cross section
of business and agricultural skills applied using a collaborative approach. A
data driven, analytical business approach will enable you to make informed
decisions and potentially grow your knowledge and experience to enhance
your dairy career. The current equity manager is retiring and will remain as
an equity partner.
Attractive 313ha property with a high performing 650 cow core business,
227ha milking platform – flat to rolling, 139ha k-line irrigation. 276,000kg
MS last 3 years average. 44 aside HB. 5 FTE’s. System 4.
Grow equity through;
• 25ha forestry conversion to pasture
• 40ha k-line irrigation extension
• Increasing on-farm performance
• 55ha near to harvest forestry
• Experienced dairy farmer with a successful track record of maximising
farm potential over a minimum of 5 years NZ dairy farming: at least two
years working at Farm Manager level
• Focused, motivated, hardworking and energetic person who takes pride in
his/her position and performance
• Well organised with ability to prioritise
• Strong leadership skills which set the culture of developing and growing
your people in a positive environment
• Models and maintains high standards without losing focus on attention to
• Good financial knowledge and financial budgeting along with strong feed
budgeting and accurate, timely record keeping and reporting
• Computer literate
• Environmentally and work place safety conscious to ensure farm always
• Must be able to maintain and grow assets
Modern, spacious, warm, 5-bedroom brick home with office. Wood burner,
HRV, vented heat pump. 10 minutes from Havelock, approximately 45
minutes from Blenheim and 50 minutes from Nelson.
Primary school at Canvastown with bus at edge of farm. Secondary schools at Rai, Blenheim or Nelson.
Pig and deer hunting on farm, trout fishing on boundary, easy access to
fishing in nearby Marlborough Sounds. Several major walking tracks all
accessed from Top of the South.
Marlborough is a great place to live, work and play and worth your
consideration if this role sounds like you. Marlborough also has a lower entry
price than traditional dairying regions.
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and referee details to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 January 2018.
Date Posted: 2018-01-05