Location: Hawke's Bay
The New Zealand Farmers Weekly
Herd Managers & Assistant Farm Manager
Herd Manager & Assistant Farm Manager
• Substantial dairy farming business
• Support from Management Team
• Professional development opportunities
• Sunny Central Hawke’s Bay location
BEL Group is the pride of Central Hawke’s Bay dairying that operates nine dairy units and a number of dairy support properties, providing employment for over 65 people, supporting thriving rural communities and delivering meaningful work to a diverse and
enthusiastic workforce… these are the things that make the business special, reflecting the core values of the business owner.
BEL Group are now looking for experienced and motivated Assistant Farm Managers as well as Herd Managers to join our team at the start of next season on
several of our large-scale farms running between 1000- 2000 plus cows each.
Assistant Farm Manager:
• You are part of the farm leadership team – and will take full responsibility for the farm when the manager is away
• Make staffing and resourcing decisions
• Be involved in financial budgeting conversations
• For high performers – an opportunity to join our leadership development programme
• Role suits an agribusiness graduate with strong practical farming experience or someone who has already managed farms and/or people and wants to work in and learn a professional farm business that delivers results.
• Must have at least NZ Residency
• You will be responsible for managing the feeding, health and milking of at least one herd
• Be part of farm teams that are focused on learning, growing and performing
• Support provided for personal development
• Given the size of our business and farms, the roles are flexible so we can up or downsize to fit your dairy experience
• A great attitude is essential, strong affinity for animals and farming and able to work with a wide range of people and personalities
• Must have the right to legally work in New Zealand to be eligible for this role
All applications must have:
• Full current New Zealand Drivers Licence
• Pass a pre-employment drug test (hair)
BEL Group has significant systems and resources that allow their managers and leadership talent to develop and build their skills and confidence, both through
on-the-job mentoring and dedicated management development programmes.
Take a look at the business at www.belgroup.co.nz and get more details about the job. A position description and application form can be obtained by contacting email@example.com or phoning 06 858 8921.
Applications close 26th February.
Date Posted: 2018-02-08