Category: Genetic Manager
Goshu Wagyu Genetic
Genetics Manager - Australia
About the Company
This established family owned and operated farm has one of the leading Wagyu herds in Australia, specialising in breeding bulls and marketing our genetics for both domestic and international sales. Covering approximately 5000 acres, within a 75-minute drive to either Brisbane city or the Gold Coast, our location and culture makes us the perfect employer for candidates seeking family orientated working lifestyle.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the owner your responsibilities will include a fundamental focus attributed to the development, management and growth of our genetics program. The position will entail both working as part of a dedicated team and working alone on a regular basis, performing all tasks necessary to achieve success. This is not a desk job, and so requires a person who is not afraid of hard physical work.
As part of our sustainable approach we grow the majority of our own feed, so knowledge in cropping is desired. You will work closely with our cattle manager to ensure the smooth running of the farm and overall success of the business.
Skills and Experience
Your experience with the latest advances in genetic and genomic analysis together with concentrated breeding skills needs to be at a high level. You must possess an ability to lead and motivate the people around you to achieve a profitable and sustainable farm, whilst still maintain an active hands-on approach.
You will need to have a good knowledge and ability in the sale and marketing of not only genetics but cattle as they go hand in hand, while specific Wagyu knowledge is desirable, it is not essential as long as there is an ability and desire to quickly learn about our unique bred.
As the Genetics Manager you will demonstrate:
• Extensive experience in AI and embryo flushing
• Specific Wagyu experience is desirable but not essential when paired with genetics experience and ability to learn about our Wagyu cattle
• Prior industry related marketing experience
• Solid business acumen including but not limited to budgets management and intimidated to advances computer skills
• Good communication, organisation and effective time management skills are a must!
• Willingness to work with a small specialised team
• A hands-on approach and be a natural achiever
Benefits and Rewards
For your commitment and abilities, you can expect to be rewarded with:
• A remuneration package based on your experience
• An autonomous working environment
• A role that provides a variety of duties and responsibilities
• A rotating roster providing every first and second weekend off
• Accommodation available by negotiation (package can include a 3-bedroom home)
• A bonus scheme based on performance and bottom line profitability
This is a long-term appointment so stability and good references are a prerequisite.
If you are looking for the opportunity to become part of a family run company and would like to find out more about this opportunity send your resume to:
Closing date: 5th October 2018
Date Posted: 2018-09-07