Location: King Country
Tuatahi Farming Partnership
– Manunui Station
Tuatahi Farming Partnership is a progressive and growing farming business
formed in 2010 by two Maori Incorporations. The Partnership engages
professional management and is governed by a Board of Directors. Tuatahi
operates three farm business units each responsible for their individual
performance while being part of a consolidated enterprise.
Tuatahi is seeking a high level Operations Manager for Manunui Station which
is located in the Southern King Country 20 minutes out of Taumarunui. The
Operations Manager will report directly to the General Manager.
Manunui Station is a hill country sheep breeding/finishing and cattle finishing
operation, 1700 eff ha running 17,200su currently with four full time and one
part time permanent staff.
The station is in the early stages of a full scale development program involving
subdivision, water, tracking and yards to lift production and profitability. The
Operations Manager would be fully involved in the planning and implementation
of this program.
Responsibilities – this is a working manager’s position with the following
key areas of responsibility:
• Development of Strategy directly associated with the farm unit in conjunction
with the Executive Team and Board
• Planning, executing, reviewing and reporting against farm targets
• Operational Management – covering all areas including budgeting, targets,
resource requirements and reporting
• Financial Management and Control
• HR – management, recruiting, training, mentoring
• Asset management
• Identify opportunities, analyse and implement
The Applicants need to have demonstrated:
• High levels of competency in all technical and financial aspects of pastoral
farming with a high level of industry knowledge
• Leadership skills working in a team environment,
• The ability to develop people including themselves
This role is a new position within the Partnership due to current and future
growth to strengthen and secure a high level management team for the future.
This is a rare opportunity to join a major farming enterprise that has expansion
in its sights. The position offers the successful candidate the prospect of
signifi cant career and skill development.
Applications should be made directly to Tuatahi Farming LP
General Manager, Barry Pope – Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 07 386 5751, 021 501 377
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 20 November, 2018
Date Posted: 2018-11-01