Category: Stock Manager
Location: Hawke's Bay
The New Zealand Farmers Weekly
Stock Manager - Hawke's Bay
Apatu Farms operate a multi-dimensional Agribusiness throughout Hawke’s Bay.
Our Livestock division consists 700ha of breeding and finishing country which is supported by 900ha winter lamb finishing platform working in conjunction with strategic cropping programs. The business demands a high level of integration between systems.
The operation comprises of the cropping platform on the Heretaunga plains and pastoral
properties all within close proximity of Hastings, providing an added attraction to live in a
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Stock Manager to be part of
a small team to help run this dynamic and efficient livestock business through quality
livestock and resource management.
The following experience, responsibilities and skills required are:
• Day-to-day grazing management
• Minimum of 5 years drystock experience
• Excellence in animal husbandry, stock handling and feed budgeting
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Farm repairs and maintenance skills
• Forward planning and high level communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail with tallies and stock movements
• Ability to assess pasture covers and stocking rates
• Ability to work autonomously and achieve required deadlines
• 4-6 dogs capable of yard work and mustering
This is a permanent position and remuneration will be dependent on skills and experience.
A 3 bedroom house located in close proximity could be available, if required.
Please email a cover letter and C.V to email@example.com or phone Tim Agnew
for a confidential chat on 021 320 598.
Application close 10 January 2020
Date Posted: 2019-11-29