Location: Central Plateau
Experienced Shepherd - NEW!
Kim Young & Sons Ltd are seeking a motivated person to join our team and assist the farm manager with all aspects of this progressive 1400ha sheep and beef breeding/finishing operation, which consists of several different blocks within the heart of scenic Ruapehu, close to the popular township of Ohakune.
Key responsibilities for this position will include:
- Excellent communication skills and work ethic
- Honesty, reliability and punctuality a must
- Have 3-4 working dogs, under good command
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team
- Understand pasture management, livestock and animal health
- Tractor driving skills and the ability to carry out all aspects of general farm maintenance when required
- Be able to assist with the management of any casual or part time staff and have the capability and confidence of overseeing the running of this property in the absence of the Manager
This position will suit a person wanting to challenge themselves and grow their farming
A competitive remuneration package will reflect skills and experience with a tidy 3-bedroom house provided and school bus at the gate.
For further information contact Phil 027 643 2007
Please apply with CV, cover letter & references:
Date Posted: 2020-02-14