Category: Farm Manager
Lone Star Farms, Middlemarch, South Island
The Wandle is a 2,550 ha (effective) breeding and finishing farm located
in Middlemarch, wintering approximately 15,000su and peaking at over
30,000su. It runs 230 Angus cows and 4,000 Headwater ewes, as well as
a large finishing and trading operation, finishing 25,000 lambs and 1,400
The Farm Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for
leading and managing a team of 5 staff to achieve financial, production and
performance targets and goals. The Wandle is a dynamic environment so
identifying opportunities and potential risks and adjusting plans in response
to market, climate and other factors is an important aspect of the role.
The ideal applicant will have:
- A strong business acumen and financial awareness.
- Experience with managing, motivating and coaching staff.
- Experience in a Farm Management position, experience managing an intensive sheep and beef breeding and finishing operation.
- Track record of managing and achieving high stock performance levels.
- Managed a farm financial budget, reporting against it monthly.
- Good knowledge of agronomy and experience in growing winter fodder crops.
- Competent in formal feed budgeting and planning.
a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Further information is available at www.lonestarfarms.co.nz
Interested applicants should phone Tania during business hours on 03 545 7602 to discuss.
Applications close on Wednesday 30th September 2020
Date Posted: 2020-09-11