Category: Communications & Marketing Manager
Location: Bay of Plenty
Communications & Marketing Manager
Fencing Contractors NZ is an industry organisation that supports and benefits the fencing industry of New Zealand. During the past 10 years the Association has established a solid foundation and steadily grown membership year on year to our current level of over 400 rural, residential, commercial, civil, security, horticulture and viticulture fencing contracting firms. Total membership exceeds 500 members and continues to grow.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Communications & Marketing Manager to support Fencing Contractors NZ and its governing Board, through the promotion of Fencing Contractors NZ to our membership, the wider NZ fencing industry and to central and local Government, Environmental Agencies and local Iwi.
Working closely with the Operations Manager, the Communications & Marketing Manager will work on all aspects of marketing and communications, to drive brand awareness, member engagement and business growth.
The primary responsibility for the Communications & Marketing Manager will be writing and producing content for member communications, our quarterly magazine WIRED, and a range of other external publications. Equally as important will be the content management and digital marketing on our website, Facebook, and Instagram pages. Liaison with the external media and providing press releases on topical issues will round out this role.
- Enhance the engagement of all stakeholders including members, corporate partners, affiliates and local government
- Identify new opportunities to increase the positive profile of Fencing Contractors NZ
- Develop and maintain a database of contacts.
- Hunt, source and write content for collateral (excellent grammar/spelling/structure)
- Uncover stories, gather testimonials and possible PR opportunities
- Execute marketing initiatives and campaigns for Fencing Contractors NZ
- Assist in event planning, promotion and delivery
- Manage social media channels
- Conduct market research and present findings
- Manage projects from inception through to delivery and review
- Have a sound knowledge of the NZ fencing industry
- Have excellent writing and editorial and oral communication skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft suite of programmes.
- Experience in the management of website and social media content
- Have excellent time management skills with an ability to be organised and work to deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Be able to work collaboratively within a diverse team and to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Have the right to work in New Zealand
This is a part-time position (10-15 hours per week) and is expected to be carried out from the individual’s own home, from any location in New Zealand.
Date Posted: 2021-06-03