Category: General Manager
Rural recruitment & people performance
General Manager - Farms
Bellevue Enterprises provides Embryo Transfer Services to the Genetic Improvement industry around New Zealand alongside some international clients. It manages a growing portfolio of farms – currently three dairy and two large scale dry stock farms, and has investments in pork, commercial property and other ancillary businesses primarily located in the Waikato. We are proud to offer services to elite breeders in new Zealand and run a high performing farming business. We are now looking for a General Manager to lead us into an exciting future.
The role is accountable for the overall performance of the farming business including service quality, P&L management, growth initiatives, and strategy. To begin, you will be working closely with the CEO, who has been acting in a Finance, Business Development and partial operational role to date.
What is so exciting about this role?
Having been substantially invested into over the last three years Bellevue is in growth mode. Our experienced senior leadership team and directors boast wide-ranging experience including:
- leading large Rural Lending teams
- launching NZX listed Companies
- pioneering genetic improvement via Embryo Transfer
- conducting large scale mergers & acquisitions in listed and unlisted New Zealand Companies,
- managing and owning stakes in some of New Zealand’s largest and best performing privately owned Dairy Farming groups
This experience, combined with a diverse team of approximately 25 in the farming team and around 60 in the wider group, means the role will provide an opportunity to lead a growing and changing business, with an extremely supportive board to back you in the journey.
This is a career defining role with an ability to grow significantly with the business. It is an awesome opportunity for someone to learn the skills of business ownership and leadership without the risk that can come with it.
It also gives you the ability to build a strong network with some of the best breeders and farmers in the New Zealand Dairy Industry. We work with the best breeders and farmers in New Zealand across privately owned and publicly listed companies.
You will be responsible for the overall performance of the farming business. This includes working with the board to create the 1 and 5 year strategies for the business, and executing on these. The key metrics you are responsible for are:
- Significant Health and Safety Incidents and compliance
- Delivery in full on time
- Elite Farm Performance
- Staff satisfaction and development
- Customer growth
The skills that would make you successful in this role are:
Operational delivery - be able to build a high performance, high efficiency organisation who can deliver elite on farm performance.
Team leadership - create a strong team culture across multiple business units. Individually build and coach people, setting them up for success.
Business building - embody and sell people on the company, and get customers to use us.
New project delivery - can implement technological and operational advancements (ie new on farm measurement / operational systems), run expansion to new services / markets, and small to medium growth projects.
We are looking for someone who has experience leading teams/businesses. Ideally someone who has run a small business before, or who has led large teams before. Some examples are below, but we are open to people with lots of different experience sets.
- Small business leadership / business ownership
- Leadership within a farming or ancillary business
- COO / CFO looking to move into a GM / CEO role
- Senior manager at large company
Negotiable, including performance based pay and/or profit share.
- Supportive culture with a great team
- Excellent office environment
- Supportive, development and people focused team from management to the board and owners
- High performing business
- Competitive market salary
- Great progression opportunities
- Bonus day of leave for your birthday each year
Date Posted: 2021-08-30