Category: Shepherd / General
Our farm is situated in the heart of the Waikato. The farm is family operated.
We require a self-motivated person who has enthusiasm and initiative.
We operate an intensive 570ha sheep and beef breeding and finishing farm approximately 12km from Matamata. The farm runs 3500 Romney Ewes and 150 Angus Cows and their replacements. Incorporated in that is a recorded Romney flock of 600 ewes run as part of the ARDG breeding group.
This flock is highly tolerant to facial eczema and is production driven with a lot of emphasis also put into the genomic (DNA) side. As a result of this we are also selling rams into the industry.
All surplus sheep and cattle are fattened off the farm with cropping playing an important role. We also lease approximately 140 hectares of cropping ground
(Tama) in the winter which we graze all our Ewe hoggets’ on behind three wire electrics.
We are looking for a person who is self-driven and motivated to get ahead in the industry. That person will work alongside Craig (Owner and Farm Manager) and grow their knowledge and take on more responsibility as they develop.
Key attributes required are:
- Excellent stock handling skills and strong work ethic
- A good communicator, honest and reliable
- To work independently, or as part of a team
- A desire to take up challenges and extend themselves
For the right person we are offering:
- A competitive salary package
- Excellent working conditions in which to progress
- A tidy two-bedroom house in a strong community
- The opportunity for personal growth and career advancement
Please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday 20th September 2021
If you would like further information about the role please contact Craig on 027 774 6644
Date Posted: 2021-09-03