Category: Farm Manager
South Head, Helensville
An ideal career progression opportunity for someone who is ready to take the
next step into farm management.
The Shelly Beach beef rearing and finishing farm has a total land area of 550ha
(480ha effective) carries around 5000 stock units.
We require a Farm Manager who has a passion for the land, is honest and
keen, willing to learn from experience and is up for the challenge of being
responsible for the day-to-day management and operational running of the
farm in a sustainable manner.
Key attributes and responsibilities required include:
- Ability to run a fully operational beef farming system
- Ability to work with staff and contractors
- Demonstrated experience in stock, feed and pasture management and competency with machinery
- An interest and ability in the efficient use of farm-based computer and farming technology programs
- Must be capable of general farm repairs and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability in health and safety, culture and compliance
For the successful candidate there is accommodation and a commitment
from the owners to support your development in this next step in your career,
including farm advisory support.
How to apply
A job description is available by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the role please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5pm, 19th October 2021.
Please note: It is a requirement that you must already hold a NZ Passport or
valid working visa to apply for this role. The preferred applicant will be required
to undergo pre-employment checks including Ministry of Justice and Drug and
Date Posted: 2021-09-17