Category: Stock Manager
Otakanini Topu Incorporation
We are currently looking for an experienced full-time permanent Stock
Manager who has a passion for being on the land and has great leadership skills
to support our farm team.
The Ōtakanini Tōpū (the Tōpū) is a Māori incorporated farm, located on
the South Kaipara Peninsula, with a total land area of 2674ha. The Tōpū is
mostly pastoral, sheep, cattle and with some forestry. The Topu currently runs
approximately 6500 ewe flock plus replacements and approximately 1200 head
of cattle, comprising of an Angus breeding herd, their progeny, and Friesian
For our shareholders and the wider South Kaipara Ngāti Whātua community,
the Tōpū is not only an economic and material resource, but an important living
cultural landscape linked to our tribal history and identity.
As we are the largest Māori Farming Operation in the Auckland region, we are
on a journey to explore potential diversification opportunities for the Tōpū that
will provide a good return to our shareholders and our future generations. We
require a Stock Manager who will be responsible for day-to-day operational
aspects of the stock programs set in place and assists within pastoral, with
the key objective to assist the Farm Manager to maximise productivity and
profitability of the Tōpū.
Key attributes of the Stock Manager and responsibilities required include:
- High level of stockmanship, with excellent animal welfare values and practises
- Ability to assist the Farm Manager to maximise productivity and profitability of Ōtakanini Tōpū
- Demonstration of effective leadership, communication and time management skills
- Experience in training kaimahi in all aspects of stock management and farm operations
- Demonstrated ability to run a high-performance farming system and ability to adapt to change and to learn new technologies as farming systems evolve
- Demonstrated experience in stock, feed, pasture management and a consistent record of increasing and maintaining stock performance
- Strong computer skills and a proven ability in performance and recording based farming technology programs
- Demonstrated ability in health and safety leadership, culture and compliance
including accommodation and development opportunities. The location of
Ōtakanini Tōpū offers superb lifestyle opportunities including the Kaipara
Harbour on your doorstep, east and west coast beaches within an hour’s
drive and within close proximity of the vibrant CBD of Tāmaki Makaurau and
If you think you’ve got what it takes, are ready for a new challenge and are
willing to work hard to manage farm operating priorities, we off er a supportive
Governance team who are committed to the wellbeing of our people.
How to apply
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 5pm,
15th October 2021.
To find out more about the Ōtakanini Tōpū and to access a copy of the job
description, please go to our website: http://www.otakaninitopu.co.nz/
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact
Michelle Hill on 027 491 3265
Please note: It is a requirement that you must already hold a NZ Passport or
valid working visa to apply for this role.
Closing date: 5pm, 15th October 2021
Date Posted: 2021-09-17