Category: Farm Manager
Location: Central North Island
Blue Duck Station
- Dynamic working environment – no two days are the same
- Join a well established family business
- Use your skills and experience to contribute positively to sustainable farming
Blue Duck Station is a family owned 7200 acre multi faceted business involved in conservation, tourism, hunting, honey and farming, located on the banks of the beautiful Whanganui and Retaruke rivers an hour’s drive from both Taumarunui and National Park. The community has a fantastic local primary school (Kaitieke) with the school bus to the gate, an abundance of outdoor activities and is also an hour’s drive to Mt Ruapehu.
We are passionate about low environmental impact farming systems - easy care stock, minimal (if any) chemical use. Good for people, good for the planet, good for the community. The station is currently running 4000 ewes plus 1000 replacements, 800 cattle and 100 red deer.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our team as our Farm Manager.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working alongside the Managing Director & Operations Manager to create and implement an effective strategic plan and annual budget for our station.
- Attracting, retaining and developing people in our business to maintain, compliment and encourage a high-performing team environment.
- Effective management of our land, stock and people to ensure targets are met.
- Buying and Selling of Livestock and Product
- Maintaining all plant, machinery, vehicles and tools in tidy, sound and safe workable condition
- Maximising the sustainable farming profit.
- Conservation and wild animal management
The perfect candidate will have:
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- A passion for sustainability and the vision to develop the low environmental impact farming systems established over the past 15 years.
- The ability to manage and lead a team to achieve farm goals and meet financial targets.
- A good team of dogs, firearms licence and full driving licence are essential.
- Given our remote location, a number 8 wire mentality is key to success in the role.
- Ideally already in a leadership role
- Great organisation skills and proactive attitude
This is a permanent full time position and you must already be located in and have the right to work in New Zealand.
The competitive package and development opportunities will be discussed with the successful applicant.
To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV including references and cover letter to email@example.com
Date Posted: 2021-11-11