Category: Field Agronomist
Location: Hawke's Bay
Field Agronomist - Hawke's Bay
A BIT ABOUT SOUTH PACIFIC SEEDS (NZ) LIMITED…
South Pacific Seeds (NZ) Limited (SPSNZ) has been producing quality hybrid vegetable seed for almost thirty years, forging strong relationships with many of the world’s leading vegetable seed companies. With their home facilities situated in the heart of the South Island’s Canterbury Plains and increasing production activities in the North Island, SPSNZ is ideally positioned to take full advantage of New Zealand’s world renowned climate and growing conditions for quality vegetable seed production.
SPSNZ’s exclusive services include field work, seed cleaning, quality control, shipping, and research and development, so there is always room for career development opportunities.
For more information on South Pacific Seeds please follow this link https://www.southpacificseeds.co.nz/
Reporting to the Hawke’s Bay Field Production Manager/ Agronomist, the position of Field Agronomist is to oversee and be responsible for crop management within the Hawke’s Bay district. The appointee will maintain and develop successful relationships between SPSNZ growers and customers, whilst ensuring vegetable seed production is achieved to the highest quality and yield.
A BIT ABOUT YOU…
The successful applicant will be an experienced Agronomist, with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience, and will bring the following:
- A strong understanding of plant health, seed production & harvesting, plus handling techniques. • Experience in the seed industry is essential, whilst a degree in Agricultural or Applied Sciences is preferred.
- Great relationship management and communication skills to successfully develop and maintain excellent working relationships between SPSNZ, growers and customers.
- Good record keeping skills and computer literacy.
- Excellent team player, alongside the ability to work autonomously.
- Self-motivated, organised and can work flexible hours dependant on seasonal tasks. • Current full class 1 drivers licence, and ideally you would have experience having operated field machinery, but training will be provided.
This is your chance to be a vital part of a developing Hawke’s Bay team and be directly involved in their business expansion. Included in the attractive remuneration package is a vehicle, phone, tablet and other staff benefits.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join a team with a great culture that encourages ongoing success and career development.
For more information or to apply please visit https://bit.ly/38VP2sG or give the Rural Directions team a call on 06 871 0450 for a confidential chat (Ref# 891771).
Applications close Sunday 22nd May 2022
Due to border restrictions, we may only be able to consider candidates currently residing in New Zealand with full work eligibility, or NZ citizens/residents returning home in 2022.
Register to receive job alerts on www.ruraldirections.co.nz
Date Posted: 2022-05-06