Category: General Manager
General Manager - Forestry - Feilding
A BIT ABOUT PRIMARY PARTNERS ASSET MANAGEMENT & ADVISORY…
Primary Partners Asset Management and Advisory are a specialist sheep, beef, dairy, and forestry asset management company known for their expertise in extracting value from rural assets. Since their establishment in 2013, they have facilitated the transactions of over $300m of rural assets that suit the needs and objectives of individual investors and institutions.
Operating as a subsidiary of Primary Partners, Afforestation Partners Management Limited (APML), is a forestry management and advisory firm specialising in large-scale New Zealand forestry assets. In conjunction with the Primary Partners team, APML currently co-invests and manages approximately 4,000 hectares of forestry for high-net-worth investors.
For more information on Primary Partners please follow this link https://www.primarypartners.co.nz/
The newly created role of General Manager Forestry will take the lead in further building the forestry business, with a growth strategy in place for a projected 5,000 - 6,000 hectares in the next couple of years.
The General Manager Forestry will identify forestry opportunities, build a business case for investment, undertake due diligence, and identify any potential risks of the opportunities. The appointee will manage the conversion, development, and operations of the business’ forests, while keeping abreast of legislative changes to ensure that the forests deliver the best outcomes.
A BIT ABOUT YOU…
You will be motivated individual, with a desire for high achievement and will ideally bring the following:
- A background in forestry – have a proven interest and ideally a qualification in forestry.
- An understanding of the requirements under the ETS.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent observational skills and a questioning nature, willing to challenge existing farm practices with supporting evidence, to observe a problem or potential opportunity, and to think through the consequences and to offer suggestions.
- Ability to adapt new technology and adapt research findings to the farm situation.
- Show a high degree of time management skills, with the ability to plan a day, week, and season in advance.
- Administration skills and experience, with the ability to work on the financial side.
The General Manager Forestry role provides an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to operate in a corporate forestry structure, with exposure to a highly experienced management team and Directors. The right person will be offered the chance to invest, alongside investors and the principles of Primary Partners, in opportunities they have had a key role in identifying and managing. An attractive remuneration package is available including a vehicle, phone, and laptop.
You won’t want to miss out on this forestry role that offers professional development and strong career progression opportunities, as well as working within a small-knit, dynamic team in the friendly Feilding office.
To view a Job Information pack please visit https://bit.ly/3lqEch5 (if the link doesn’t work please copy it into your web browser) or give the Rural Directions team a call on 06 871 0450 for a confidential chat (Ref#890254).
Applications close Sunday 12th June 2022
Only candidates who have full NZ working rights will be eligible for this role.
Register to receive jobs alerts on www.ruraldirections.co.nz
Date Posted: 2022-05-23