Category: Operations Manager
Location: Hawke's Bay
Operations Manager - Yard and Farm
A BIT ABOUT TE MATA MUSHROOM CO…
Te Mata Mushroom Co (TMMC) was established over 50 years ago, in 1967. They have a vision to consistently produce high-quality, great-tasting mushrooms for their customers. The business produces New Zealand’s only Vitamin D mushrooms in a unique, fully compostable tray and offers premium pre-packed products.
TMMC has made a significant contribution to the Hawke’s Bay community and is one of the larger employers, employing 120 people in year-round jobs, many from the same families.
TMMC is one of the few commercial mushroom farms operating in New Zealand, producing 21-22 tonnes of mushrooms every week throughout the year. Recently the ownership structure of the business changed and with a focus on improved efficiencies and environmental impacts there are also significant growth plans forecast including a world class production facility.
The Operations Manager – Yard & Farm is a newly created role that will lead and co-ordinate all yard, farm and fill area activities at the Havelock North site including logistics planning, supplies management and the effective management of people, plant, and equipment to ensure TMMC has consistent high-quality compost suitable for mushroom growing. With a continuous improvement focus the appointee will have a growing knowledge and understanding of making compost and look for efficiencies and enhancements that will also support increasing production.
The role involves working collaboratively with all personnel across the business to deliver the best possible results for the Company and people while at the same time ensuring TMMC meet their compliance requirements. This is an opportunity to report directly through to the CEO with the yard staff reporting into this role.
A BIT ABOUT YOU…
TMCC are looking to appoint someone who is system and process driven, with a high awareness of financial aspects of operational decisions. To be successful and grow in this role you will come with:
- Experience as a Logistics or Yard Manager in a related sector.
- The ability to learn the process of making compost.
- Understanding and applying Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- A working knowledge of waste management.
- A full driver’s licence is required. A forklift and loader licence are preferred and TMMC can support with training.
- Strong business acumen - asset and budget management, Capex planning experience.
- Understanding of Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- The ability to effectively and efficiently administer, organise and co-ordinate activities and meet deadlines.
- Computer skills including working with excel, word, and other analytical programmes.
- The ability to lead a team and work collaboratively and cooperatively within the wider business.
- Recognises diversity positively (cultural, socioeconomic, age, ability).
Based in the desirable Hawke’s Bay location, TMMC has an inclusive culture and team environment. TMMC offer a competitive remuneration commensurate with the importance of this role as well as professional development opportunities.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join a worldwide industry where talent is eagerly sought. TMMC is under new governance and ownership and this is your chance to be part of the business’ development journey from a low-tech to a high-tech operation. Apply today!
For further information please visit https://bit.ly/3vIkenz (if the link doesn’t work please copy it into your web browser) or give the Rural Directions team a call on 06 871 0450 for a confidential chat (Ref# 939466).
Applications close Sunday 21st August 2022
Only job seekers who have full NZ working rights will be eligible for this role.
Register to receive job alerts on www.ruraldirections.co.nz
Date Posted: 2022-08-05