Category: Agricultural Equipment Technician / Mechanic
Rocky Mountain Equipment
Agricultural Equipment Technician / Mechanic - Canada
ARE YOU AN AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN/ MECHANIC? CANADA HAS OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU!
Whether you are looking for your next adventure, overseas experience, or long-term stability for you and your family, if you are an Agricultural Equipment Technician/Mechanic, Canada has opportunities for you!
The Canadian agriculture industry is growing, and you could be part of the momentum with Rocky Mountain Equipment (RME). The largest independent dealer of Case IH and Case Construction equipment in Canada, RME consists of 43 construction and agricultural equipment branches and over 1000 employees across the Western Canadian provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. The company also sells and services the New Holland brand.
We are committed to offering comprehensive training, support, and career development to our employees to assist them with their career goals. We welcome qualified Kiwi Agricultural Equipment Technicians/Mechanics deciding to come to Canada alone or with their families. In such cases, both you and your spouse/ partner can be issued work permits allowing you to work in Canada and your school-age minor children attend Canadian public schools at no cost.
The Canadian Working Holiday Program allows New Zealand citizens aged 18-35 to come to live and work in Canada for 23 months. If you are over the age of 35, or not a New Zealand citizen, there are other work permit and visa options for you and your family including one that allows for the issuance of work permits for up to 36 months. RME immigration experts will assist you through the entire work permit process.
JOB TITLE: Agricultural Equipment Technician/Mechanic
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Multiple Agricultural Equipment Technician positions (at least 15) across many of Rocky Mountain Equipment’s forty-three (43) company branches
LOCATION OF WORK: Numerous locations in the Western Canadian provinces of
Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (40 hours per week) plus overtime paid at 150% of your hourly rate.
CONTRACT DURATION: A minimum of twenty-three months and up to thirty-six months with the possibility to extend your contract and remain in Canada longer, either on a new work permit or as a permanent resident, with both types of extensions being arranged with RME’s financial assistance.
WAGE: $30.00-40.00 CAD/hr ($38-50 NZD/hr), depending upon experience and location of work
BENEFITS: We offer our employees a total compensation package that includes:
- competitive wages.
- a comprehensive benefits plan for you and your family, including health, dental and vision care coverage (it is extra coverage above and beyond Canada’s universal public health insurance program).
- an interest free relocation loan (if requested) of 3,500 Canadian dollars to assist with your initial arrival costs in Canada.
- payment by Rocky Mountain Equipment of your flight/travel cost to your employment location.
- tool allowances and a tool purchase loan if requested.
- 6 family/health/personal days per year in addition to 10 (Alberta and Manitoba) or 15 (Saskatchewan) days of vacation time. Canada also has 9 statutory (bank) holidays each year.
We will also assist with the preparation of the immigration and legal documents
required to be issued a Canadian work permit and help you with finding initial
accommodation in Canada.
STARTING DATE: As soon as reasonably possible but most likely in April or May 2024 bearing in mind Canadian immigration laws, work permit processing, and your existing work commitments.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Diagnose and inspect equipment for faults and malfunctions.
- Repair and adjust equipment and replace defective parts.
- Perform updates, pre-season delivery inspections, and pre-season inspections.
- Recondition and repair all equipment components and systems as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete work orders and enter technician notes into the computer.
- Maintain good working records for time, parts, supplies, and outside purchases in repairs.
- Maintain and care for shop tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Communicate with others internally and externally in a professional manner.
- Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs.
- Maintain work area in a clean and safe condition.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Champion safe work practice in all aspects of daily activity and task assignment.
- Adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety standards as the company is committed to the protection and wellness of its employees.
Job Requirements and Qualifications Include:
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Must be fluent in the English language.
- Experience working on CASE IH and New Holland agricultural equipment a strong asset.
- Possess problem solving skills.Thirty-six months of work experience in a similar role an asset
● High school Diploma.
● The completion of an apprenticeship program in the repair of heavy agricultural
and/or construction equipment would be a strong asset.
How to Apply:
Send your CV to RME recruiter and immigration lawyer, Tony Muszynski at
There will be online interviews in November and December 2023. Tony Muszynski will be in New Zealand in the first part of January 2024 to meet with qualified candidates to answer their questions.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
For more on our company: www.rockymtn.com
Date Posted: 2023-10-20