Category: Precision Farming Specialist
Rocky Mountain Equipment
Precision Farming Specialist - Canada
ARE YOU AN PRECISION FARMING SPECIALIST? CANADA HAS OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU.
Whether you are looking for your next adventure, overseas experience, or long-term stability for you and your family, if you are a Precision Farming Specialist, Canada has high-paying opportunities.
The Canadian agriculture industry is growing, and you could be part of the momentum with Rocky Mountain Equipment (RME). The largest independent dealer of Case IH and Case Construction equipment in Canada, RME consists of 43 construction and agricultural equipment branches across Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. The company also sells and services the New Holland brand.
Technology is continuously changing the agricultural landscape in new and exciting ways. If you are looking to take your agricultural/machinery background to the next level, then RME has the opportunity for you.
The Precision Farming Specialist (also known in Canada as Agricultural Optimization and Technology Specialist or AOS) is a member of a field team who supports the retail sales team for whole goods agriculture equipment. The Precision Farming Specialist will provide precision farming and application expertise to RME’s customer base and be a ‘go-to’ person at the dealership.
We are committed to offering comprehensive training, support, and career development to our employees to assist them with their career goals. We welcome qualified Kiwi Precision Farming Specialists deciding to come to Canada alone or with their families. In such cases, both you and your spouse/ partner can be issued work permits allowing you to work in Canada and your school-age minor children attend Canadian public schools at no cost.
The Canadian Working Holiday Program provides the opportunity for New Zealand citizens aged 18-35 to come to live and work in Canada for 23 months. If you are over the age of 35, or not a New Zealand citizen, there are other work permit and visa options for you and your family. RME immigration experts will assist you through the work permit process.
JOB TITLE: Precision Farming Specialist (Agricultural Optimization and Technology Specialist)
LOCATION OF WORK: Numerous locations in the Western Canadian provinces of
Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (40 hours per week).
CONTRACT DURATION: A minimum of twenty-three months and up to thirty-six
months, with the possibility to extend the contract and remain in Canada longer, either on a new work permit or as a permanent resident, with both type of xtensions being arranged with RME’s financial assistance.
SALARY: $65,000-90,000.00 CAD ($81,000.00-118,000.00 NZD) base annual salary plus commissions. Base salary will be commensurate with experience.
BENEFITS: We offer our employees a total compensation package that includes:
- competitive base salary and commissions
- a comprehensive benefits plan for you and your family, including health, dental and vision care coverage (it is extra coverage above and beyond Canada’s universal public health insurance program)
- an interest free relocation loan (if requested) of 3,500 Canadian dollars to assist with your initial arrival costs in Canada.
- payment by Rocky Mountain Equipment of your flight/travel cost to your employment location.
- 6 family/health/personal days per year in addition to 10 (Alberta and Manitoba) or 15 (Saskatchewan) days of vacation time. Canada also has 9 statutory (bank) holidays each year.
We will also assist with the preparation of the immigration and legal documents required to be issued a Canadian work permit and help you with finding initial accommodation in Canada.
STARTING DATE: As soon as reasonably possible but most likely in April or May 2024 bearing in mind Canadian immigration laws, work permit processing, and your existing work commitments.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Precision Farming Specialist will lead the optimization product (precision) business activities for our core Ag products.
- Evaluate customer equipment needs and proactively propose effective solutions.
- Work closely with field support teams, service managers, and sales managers/staff to address the needs of customers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues including but not limited to displays, GPS/GLONASS, application control, accu and row guidance, telematics, precision harvesting systems, section control, mapping, and variable rate in cab technology and determine if field visits are required to resolve concerns through field validation / testing on outstanding product issues.
- Be an active and highly visible participant in precision agriculture industry groups and events and keep abreast of competitive activity and competitive precision products and technology.
- Adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety standards. The company is committed to the protection and wellness of its employees.
- Receive full scale training through hands on and electronic means provided by RME and our vendors.
- Understand proper machine settings for application conditions/crops and provide recommendations based on analyzed information gathered direct from the relevant machines.
- Provide on and off-farm support for to customers as well as be a training resource to fellow specialists and sales professionals
Job Requirements and Qualifications include:
- Knowledge and experience with AFS/PLM and other precision products and systems including but not limited to set up and maintenance of GPS/GLONASS application control, guidance, telematics, precision systems, section control, mapping, and variable rate in cab technology.
- Twenty-four months of experience as a Precision Farming Specialist.
- Technical and operational competency with agricultural equipment.
- A positive customer-oriented attitude and the ability to work with a wide range of personality types.
- Flexibility of working hours during seeding, spraying and harvest.
- An ability to work in a group environment with the customer’s needs at the forefront of all decisions.
- High school Diploma.
How to Apply:
Send your CV to RME recruiter and immigration lawyer, Tony Muszynski at
There will be online interviews in November and December 2023. Tony Muszynski will be in New Zealand in the first part of January 2024 to meet with qualified candidates to answer their questions.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
For more on our company: www.rockymtn.com
Date Posted: 2023-10-20