Category: Farm Manager
Location: North Island
Carnoustie Farm Manager
HS & AC McCallum Trust - Carnoustie Farm Manager
Our client owns and operates two sheep and beef farms in Taupo and one in Northern Waikato. We are seeking applications for a Farm Manager for their 360 effective ha (453ha total) drystock trading/finishing block, located 20km north-east of Taupo.
You will be required to assist on the other McCallum farm in Taupo which is 20 minutes away. Reporting to the Farm Business Manager, the role of the Farm Manager is to meet the farm objectives of successful and safe management of the farm and livestock. The property operates as a trading/finishing block, finishing approximately 10,000 lambs annually. The cattle policy is breeding, growing, finishing and includes a 110 cow Angus breeding herd.
The role requires the Farm Manager to assist with the management decisions, livestock movement and animal health, farm asset and machinery maintenance, record keeping, fencing, tractor driving, break feeding and general farm duties, as well as providing direction and management to casual staff and contractors. You will have farm management experience, or you are an experienced stock manager looking for career progression.
The successful applicant, along with the above skillset, will have the following attributes:
- Excellent stock management skills, including animal welfare
- Business planning and people management capability
- Ability to communicate with all stakeholders and build relationships
- Can achieve expenditure control within a budget
- An understanding weight gains and finishing stock
- Accurate stock tally and animal health record keeping
- Be a good communicator with strong attention to detail
- Shows a high level of motivation and strives to meet targets
- Have a team of working dogs under good command
- Have experience with reticulated farm water systems
- Above all you must be a team player
Please apply with a current CV and references to email@example.com
Applications close 24th November 2023
Date Posted: 2023-11-01