Category: Block Manager
Hinau Station Limited - Block Manager
We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual to join our team as the Block Manager of Hinau Station at Rangiwahia. You'll be responsible for the day-to-day management of stock health, feeding and production, together with the associated data recording. You will also be responsible for the daily management of one permanent staff member and casuals as required. Along with the management team, you will also contribute to seasonal and strategic planning of the total farming operation.
Our business is a 2200 ha sheep and beef breeding and finishing operation. The Block Manager's responsibilities would primarily apply to the 1400 ha hill country property Hinau Station.
The ideal applicant will:
- Have at least 5 years' experience with excellent stock and pasture management skills
- Enjoy working in a multi-faceted operation and be a team player
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be honest and responsible with a strong work ethic and willingness to grow
- Demonstrate a strong sense of community
- Show a willingness to adopt new technology and software systems
- Display accurate record keeping skills
- Previous staff supervision experience would be an asset.
This is a great opportunity for someone working their way up the farming career ladder and looking for scope to develop their career. We offer an attractive home situated 30 minutes from Hunterville and 20 minutes from Kimbolton in a strong community with multiple primary school options, a local playgroup and regular events including several dog trials. Both hunting and fishing spots are found locally.
A salary and employment package will be agreed with the successful candidate depending on experience and other attributes.
Persons interested in this position should apply in writing by the providing their C.V and their views on why they believe they are suitable for this role to:
Patrick and Jack Henderson
Application close: Friday, 16 February 2024
Date Posted: 2024-01-30