Category: Pork Production Manager
Location: Hawke's Bay
Pork Production Manager - Crackling Good Co.
- Located in Central Hawke’s Bay
- Salary commensurate with experience plus accommodation & benefits
- To view the full job information please visit https://bit.ly/3Ok7GvS
Crackling Good Co is a commercial pork production unit based on the Ruataniwha Plains near the small rural community of Takapau, and just 10 minutes south of Waipukurau in Central Hawke’s Bay. Running independently but operating as part of DnA Land’s investment portfolio, Crackling Good Co is located next to their dairy farm operation.
Crackling Good Co runs a fully integrated system that adheres to the highest pork industry standards. They have their own mill on site to meet the nutritional requirements of the pigs and their established team works hard to produce a quality end product. The business has good internal support systems and the owners have engaged a strategic consultant, feed nutritionists, compliance expertise and vets to allow them to carefully manage the pig’s environment. The farm team follows well-managed environmental practices and high standards of animal welfare.
We seek a hands-on Pork Production Manager to lead the on-farm operational aspects of Crackling Good Co. The majority of the appointee’s time will be spent doing tasks in all departments of the pork unit in support of the team. Experience with pigs is preferred, however this will not be a barrier if the right person is willing to jump in and learn.
The Pork Production Manager plays a crucial role in ensuring the well-being of the animals, the profitability of the farm, and compliance with regulations while maintaining environmentally responsible farming practices. A key outcome of the role will be “throughput management” of the pork unit, ensuring that the optimum number of pigs are planned to flow through the facilities – not too few and not too many.
There is an excellent team in place, all engaged and highly functioning within their roles. Each team member has their area of expertise, and they take a lot of pride in their roles. They are excited about this new leadership role and working together to develop SOP’s and policies. This role will suit someone that understands people, compliance, and reporting, whilst being supported by an Administrator.
The Pork Production Manager will continue to support and nurture the team by developing, encouraging, and also assisting them in their daily tasks. They will be a well-planned and organised individual with the ability to problem-solve. The below are also key to success in this role:
- Ability to be responsible for overall management of the farm including all aspects of pork production.
- Proficiency to coordinate the team and ensure all day-to-day tasks are completed.
- Committed to the health, welfare, and ongoing development of the breeding herd.
- Must understand compliance and have good recording keeping and reporting skills.
- People person, with good communication and leadership qualities.
- Capability to oversee the on-farm breeding and reproduction, herd health and feeding and nutrition aspects of the operation.
- Facility management skills to ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the environment is conducive to optimum pig health.
- Environmental stewardship skills with the ability to implement practices that minimise the environmental impact of the business.
- Be physically fit and capable of hands-on work.
- Training and support will be provided by industry professionals to support this role.
- The business has good internal support systems in place to help meet production targets.
- The owner’s really value their existing team and seek to continuously develop the positive culture.
- Great location - 14km south of Waipukurau in Central Hawke’s Bay.
- Accommodation is a large open plan home with 3 living areas and 3 bedrooms.
- If the preferred applicant needs to relocate, the business is happy to contribute towards associated costs.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS OR TO APPLY PLEASE GO TO WWW.RURALDIRECTIONS.CO.NZ/JOBS
Applications close Sunday 18th February 2023
Only job seekers who have NZ working rights will be eligible for this role.
Date Posted: 2024-01-30