Category: Head of Farming and Forestry
Rural recruitment & people performance
Head of Farming and Forestry
Whakatupu rawa, whakatupu tangata
Grow the assets to grow the people
At Tainui Group Holdings (TGH), kaitiaki of Waikato-Tainui commercial interests, we focus on growing puutea, tuuranga mahi and whenua (profit, jobs and land) for the people of Waikato-Tainui and our region for generations to come.
Our values are at the forefront with mahitahi (working together to deliver great outcomes), kaitiakitanga (guardianship to grow, prosper and sustain), manaakitanga (care in our work and for each other) and pono me te tika (act with integrity by being honest and trustworthy) underpinning our operations across the board.
Our Head of Farming and Forestry oversees a significant proportion of TGH assets, leading financial and operational excellence for these significant business assets and delivering outcomes in line with our values.
Is this the role for you? We think this role will interest you if:
- these values are also part of your fabric
- you’re a proven leader and a strategic operator who isn’t afraid to get out on the farm
- your next career move requirements include challenge, and the opportunity to enhance, expand and develop land assets to add value to the balance sheet
If this is starting to sound interesting, then you need to take a much closer look at this role.
As you’d expect at this level of appointment, there are a diverse range of responsibilities that include leading operational and commercial excellence within the land holding portfolio and driving growth initiatives including acquisition, land use and development strategies. Making strong commercial decisions will be the hallmark of our successful applicant, and alongside this they will have the planning skills and mana to influence throughout the business.
With your direct reporting line being the GM Property, there’s no need to read between the lines to understand the focus and importance of this important leadership role for the business.
The kind of person who will do this role well will have:
- an engaging personality with advanced interpersonal skills
- a combination of commercial and financial skills
- a deep understanding of the farming sector, ideally including 10+ years’ recent practical farm experience to a senior management or self-employed level
- knowledge of forestry systems and an understanding of the NZ emissions trading scheme
It goes without saying that attention to people, their development and welfare underpin all TGH leadership roles along with living the values of iwi in a commercially viable business.
He rite ki a koe? (sound like you?)
For more information about the Tainui Group Holdings go to https://www.tgh.co.nz
For more information (including a comprehensive job description) and to apply go to our Talent Acquisition Partner website for this role at https://www.no8hr.co.nz (Ref#8HR32239).
Date Posted: 2024-02-13